Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

New Rug in the House

I bought a new rug shortly before Christmas and my friend Robb was nice enough to receive and store it for me.  So yesterday I went over and retrieved the rug and brought it home.  It is the West Elm Jute Dot Rug.  I bought it as an 8' X10'.  I just checked today and it is no longer available (maybe that is why it was on sale).
via
So without further ado, here is the rug in my house.

Please excuse the wrinkled table cloth, it is a drop cloth and I was so excited I did not wash or iron it before throwing it on the table.

I took a close up picture for good measure.


I had a couple of concerns going into purchasing a rug, one about the space to walk around the rug and the other about the ease of moving chairs.






The door you see in the background goes to the hallway and all the bedrooms.  There is a good 3-4 feet to walk on besides the rug so that problem is solved.

I am still a little concerned about chairs moving across the rug, but I should be honest that the table does not get all that much use.  Most meals are eaten while watching TV on the couch.  Form may trump function in this case.  What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. It looks great with your floors! I love the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture of the rug and the contrast with the floors. I can't see how the rug would make it any more difficult to move chairs than any rug, and we have no trouble whatsoever. The truth is, you don't really move once you sit down, but that's just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be the texture of the rug, but really it is not that big a deal. This might be a case of form over function (but only slightly). Thanks, for the comment.

      Delete