Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Simple Painting Tip

During the process of painting the kitchen I discovered a trick (I probably am not the first but I couldn't find anyone else who had done the exact same thing).  I have seen many other people cover paint trays in various materials as opposed to using tray liners or cleaning the tray.  A few examples include plastic grocery bags (Pretty Handy Girl) and aluminum foil (DIY Network), but I do not remember ever seeing anything for a trim cup.  You see I have a favorite cup I use when I have lots of trim to paint or edging to do, the Handy Paint Pail.  The cup not only has a handle for easy holding by a magnet to hold you brush during breaks.  You can buy liners like this one.  They are not very expensive but a waste of money and often I want to avoid running to the store.

So, here is what I did to paint the kitchen.



+
=
Once you fill it up with paint, it looks like this.
There are a few nice things about this trick.  I always have Ziploc bags in the house, so there is no need to wait when you get the urge to paint.  Many other people have talked about throwing a brush in a bag in the frig if you want to take a break, this just removes a step and also saves the leftover paint.  The last thing is that cleanup could not be easier and all the trash is concealed in a single Ziploc bag.

It's not rocket science, but it makes the job and cleanup a little easier.  Any other helpful painting tips out there? 

No comments:

Post a Comment