Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

DIY Bauble Necklace

It has been a long, loooonnnggg time since I have blogged.  Part of my problem is that I start projects and fail to finish them, and another part of the problem is that I do crafts I see on other peoples blogs and do not want to show a heavily inspired craft.  All this being said crafts are supposed to reflect what we are doing in life so I think I will write about all the crafts and try to give as much credit as possible.

Now, here is the long awaited followup to the previous post.  To remind you, I was inspired by this picture.
I found this image doing a Google image search.  This link is no longer good, but this is where it was found http://www.welltodoyou.com/2010_09_01_archive.html.
This is not a tutorial post and I do not have step by step pictures because this is the first piece of jewelry I have made and I stumbled through the process.  I did find this tutorial at Urban Jane which was very helpful.

Here is the final product.
The color is much more green in person.
And a close up.

I used a jewelry making tool kit I found on sale at Micheal's for $10. I also used a change that was small enough to be strung through the jade beads and small silver spacer beads.  I connected the strung beads to the flower and larger beads with small jump rings.  I found the flower at Micheal's.  It is 4 separate metal pieces that were held together in the packaging with a small twist tie. I replaced the twist tie that held it together with a small piece of wire.

Maybe I will do a tutorial as I make other pieces and gain confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment